Become a Chapter Supporting Member of Marin Audubon Society
We invite you to become a Chapter Supporting Member of Marin Audubon to support our important habitat protection and restoration work, conservation advocacy, our full calendar of birding field trips and speakers and our newsletter, The Rail. Membership starts as low as $35 per year, ($25 for Students and Seniors).
Marin Audubon Society relationship with National Audubon
Marin Audubon is a chapter of National Audubon. However becoming a Chapter Supporting Member of Marin Audubon is separate and distinct from a membership in National Audubon. While Marin Audubon works with National Audubon, we are a separate non-profit Section 501(c) (3) all-volunteer organization. Marin-based National Audubon members do receive Marin Audubon’s newsletter, The Rail, however, we encourage all National Audubon members to also become Chapter Supporting Members of the Marin Audubon Society to support our local work. Very little of our funding comes from National Audubon, and we rely on our Chapter Supporting Members and donors to help us fund our land acquisitions, habitat protection and restoration work, our conservation advocacy, our newsletter, The Rail, and our local programs. Click the following link to become a Chapter Supporting Member of Marin Audubon.
As a Chapter Supporting Member of Marin Audubon you will support:
- A full calendar of birding field and boat trips for all levels of birders in Marin, the wider Bay Area and beyond, led by experienced guides, including Chapter Supporting Member-only field trips
- Our ongoing acquisition, restoration and habitat enhancement work for the benefit of wildlife in and around Marin County.
- Classes and seminars on bird identification, behavior, habitat and other natural history topics
- Monthly speaker series focused on birds and natural resources.
- The Rail, with articles on bird sightings, field trip information, conservation news, habitat preservation and restoration, and more
- A reduced price for Marin Audubon’s ‘Checklist of the Bird of Marin’ (4th Edition) and to select classes and field trips
- Reduced rate for selected field trips and birding workshops
- Birding check lists
- The satisfaction of supporting a local environmental organization
Alternatively, if you are looking to join National Audubon for the first time…
Marin Audubon will receive 100% of your initial membership. Become a new National Audubon Society member here. Please enter Marin Audubon Chapter Code C04, to enable MAS to receive funds from your first year membership.